Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Smoothies

I found this nice and good recipe (er, sort of 'guide') for smoothies on a vegetarian marathon runner's website:
http://www.nomeatathlete.com/the-perfect-smoothie-formula/

I made one for me and Stuart this morning and it tasted really great. Might be a new thing!


Obviously I'm not a vegetarian, but I think eating less meat in general is a good thing and this dude has some good stuff on his website. Thinking about trying to make his homemade energy bar recipe at some point too.

Food:
10am - Smoothie with banana, mango, almonds, ground flaxseeds, flaxseed oil, rolled oats, honey, almond milk and ice, 2 cups coffee
2pm - 2 wraps with homemade hummus (chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt n pepper), roast chicken, romaine lettuce, tomatoes and parsley on small plain white tortillas.
7.30pm - 1 red bull
9pm - smoothie with banana, mango, almonds, ground flax, flax oil, oats, honey, almond milk + ice
11.30pm - a few bites of roast chicken breast, 1/2 glass white wine

Exercise: 1pm - Power Yoga - yikes this was tough. Felt like I had no energy for it today. This routine makes me realize how weak my little puny girly arms are.
4.30pm - 30 min dog walk

Wow, I ate so healthy today (except for the red bull). I think there is really something to this smoothie thing. I wasn't planning on eating a smoothie for dinner but I didn't feel like cooking and I wasn't that hungry, and the smoothie really hit the spot.

-------------------------------

A thing that I've had to deal with living here in the gorgeous Caribbean is getting mind-numbingly awful migraines every 1 - 2 months (See this entry for my last one) complete with vomiting and "kill me now" type thoughts. But since I've started this marathon training, I haven't had one (knock on wood!!). Not sure if it's just a coincidence, but let's hope it continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment