Sunday, May 12, 2013

7. Freaking. Miles.

Holy shitballs, did I say last week was tough? Today blew that right out of the water. I definitely pushed myself to the absolute limit today. Out of the 7 miles, I had to stop to walk three times, all after mile 5. I think I made a classic error - did waaay too much at the start and by the end I was struggling. The entire first half of the run was mostly uphill. I also placed my water break too far into the run - at mile 6, at which point I was so thirsty I was nearly willing to drink scummy pond water.

BUT the point is, I completed it! Yaaaay. My arms and shoulders are killing me. After I dry off I think I'll go back to bed for a couple hours. Is that wrong?

------------------------------------------------------------------

Feeling pretty euphoric today. Got stuff for Stuart's 30th birthday sorted out, Scotland vacation to look forward to, took the dog swimming in the gorgeous Caribbean sea today, life is good! As long as I keep feeling like I do today, I don't give a crap about not "losing weight" on this training program. I am getting healthy dammit! What they say is true: the harder you push yourself, the better you feel later.

So glad next week is a "trough" week and I get to go down to 5 miles, then the week after that, we'll be in Scotland and I get to jog around the Meadows and Arthur's Seat. I am freaking out with excitement about that run actually.

I've already planned it? What? Maybe?
Food:
5.30am - 1 banana, few bites of apple
12.30pm - Eggs benedict. Thanks honey! 2 cups coffee, 1 glass oj
4.30pm - apple
6pm - 1 cup coffee
7pm - half a steak, grilled kingfish, salad, sweet potato fries
9pm - 1 cup earl grey w/ lemon

Exercise: 7-mile Long Run outside, 1 hour 22 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment