Sunday, July 7, 2013

Really bad news. (and a little bit of good news)

I've been pouting again the last couple days, but this time I have a legitimate excuse.

My husband and I have been looking into getting my visa sorted out for the UK so I can go back in September, and it's looking like:

1. It's going to take at least 3 months to complete my visa and
2. I can't go over without Stuart

Obviously while my visa is being processed, I won't have my passport, so this means it's almost certain I won't be able to race in the Loch Ness Marathon. I can't even describe how majorly bummed I am. I skipped my run on Friday, and then postponed my 12-miler today because I've felt like this was all for nothing. Look at this stupid blog with the stupid title and my stupid face on the right. Lame.

However, the bit of good news is that actually applying for my visa should be an easy and streamlined process, meaning I shouldn't have any problems upon my return to the UK. That's what really matters in the long run anyway. Sigh.

And, I have already started to find some races in Barbados I'll be doing, and I'll try and get on finding another one I can set my sights on in the UK. I know it's out of my control, but it still feels like some sort of personal failure that I can't do anything about. More later.

Food:
9.30am - smoothie with mango, banana, baby bok choy, chia seeds, walnuts, almond milk, ice, greek yogurt
2 cups coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment